Monday, January 31, 2011

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins



In a place that used to be North America lays twelve districts, ruled by the cruel people of the Capital. While people in the Capitol live in luxury, most people in the districts live as peasants at the brink of starvation. Every year the Capital holds the Hunger Games to remind the people who is in control. Each district must choose two tributes, one girl and one boy, at random. The 24 tributes must fight to death, and the last one alive wins.


Katniss Everdeen of District Twelve has been keeping her family alive since she was twelve. There is almost no one she loves more than her little sister Primrose, so the moment Prim is called to participate in the Hunger Games, Katniss immediately takes her place. Although Katniss tends to be slightly unsociable, she demonstrates great courage and diligence when it comes to survival. Katniss Everdeen is “the Girl on Fire”.


I absolutely loved The Hunger Games and would recommend it to almost anyone. Some moments in the book are so thrilling and violent, I could help closing my eyes and clenching my teeth. There were no dull or uninteresting parts in the book. Throughout the whole book I was so captivated in the story that even between chapters I had trouble putting it down. This book kept me up at night even after I stopped reading because I could not help but think about everything going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment